Friday 6 May 2011

On task.

The other day I went to a public forum in Target Lane, Perth. It was about the new public art work 'I Must Stay on Task' by David Turley that has just been completed.


The artist spoke and there was a bit of discussion about the work and the commissioning process for the City of Perth.


Here are some blurry photographs taken with my phone - it's really interesting to be living a city where this kind of stuff is just starting to gain momentum. I like the idea of being constantly surprised by new and interesting pieces in the city laneways. I think I notice it even more so than I did when I lived in Sydney because Perth is just so damn small!


2011-05-05_16-17-00_858
2011-05-05_15-39-53_30
If you live in Perth check it out and if you're elsewhere check out your own laneways -  you may be pleasantly surprised.