Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Horrors of Hedgerow Driving

One part of our trip that I enjoyed & yet also hated was the driving. I'm the only one with a license that is still valid in the UK so I did all the driving on our trip away which was great because I realised that I can drive long distances without falling asleep (always a good quality to have) and I have a new found appreciation for regular sized roads.


This was filmed in Dartmoor - the speed limit is 60mph (almost 100km) and the road is only just the width of a single car. I don't think I ever got up to 60mph but other people do and the corners are all blind so you are basically just hoping you see the other car in time. If you look closely at the end of the video you can see one headed right towards us. This road was pretty good because it had a few more lay-aways you could reverse into when another car was on the same road. That was the worst bit, having to reverse!

Xx